Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to attend the festival - so Sefton Council have revealed that a number of road closures and diversions will be put in place in the local area.
The closures and diversions are as follows:
From 6pm on Wednesday, April 5 until Saturday, April 8 at 9:30pm the area that includes the M57 Motorway, Orrell Lane, Netherton Way, and Dunningsbridge Road will be subject to control by Merseyside Police in order to regulate traffic, prevent obstruction and maintain safety for local residents and the general public.
- Melling Road will be closed to traffic, pedestrians and race goers between Seeds Lane and School Lane, Aintree, with traffic diversions in place.
A temporary lane closure and 20mph limit between 10am and 9:30pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday will be imposed on Ormskirk Road (between the junctions with Topham Drive and the Sefton Borough boundary).
- Ormskirk Road will be temporarily closed on the north side of its junction with Park Lane and on the south side of its junction with Topham Drive, inclusive of Brenka Avenue on Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 4pm and 9:30pm.
- A temporary clearway order will be imposed in both directions of the A59 Ormskirk Road and the Park Lane junction on the three race days.
- The existing Hackney carriage stands on either side of Park Lane will be temporarily suspended.
- Park Lane will be closed, between its junctions with Bridle Road and Ormskirk Road, between 4pm and 9:30pm and access will only be given to emergency services, residents and Sefton hackney carriages.
- The diversion route for all traffic will be Park Lane, Bridle Road, Netherton Way, Bailey Drive, Southport Road, Hornby Road, Rice Lane, Walton Vale and Warbreck Moor and vice versa.
- Waiting will be prohibited on both sides of Sentinel Way between 6am on Thursday, April 6 and 9:30pm on Saturday, April 8.
- Waiting will be prohibited except for residents on both sides of Park Lane, between its junctions with Deltic Way and Dunningsbridge Road, including the residential side of the service road between Nos. 86 and 144 between 6am hours on Thursday, April 6 and 9:30pm on Saturday, April 8.
- Vehicle access will be restricted to emergency service vehicles, public transport vehicles requiring legitimate access in Deltic Way from its junction with Park Lane between 4pm on Thursday, April 6 and 9.30pm on Saturday, April 8.
- Access will be restricted to emergency service vehicles and residents in Parkfield, Raymond and Abbeystead Avenue and Lingfield Close from their junctions with Park Lane between 4pm hours on Thursday, April 6 and 9.30pm on Saturday, April 8.
- A temporary prohibition of driving order will be imposed on Heysham Road on race days. A clearway traffic regulation order will run the entire length of Bridle Road from 6am on Thursday to 9pm on Saturday, April 8.