Sadio Mane has vowed to return 鈥渆ven better than before鈥?after undergoing surgery on his injured knee.
The Liverpool man went under the knife in London on Tuesday after suffering damage to the meniscus in his left knee during the Merseyside derby with Everton on April 1.
Mane will miss the remainder of this season as he recovers, but is expected to be fully fit to resume pre-season training with his teammates in July.
And the 25-year-old has thanked Reds fans for their messages of support since the injury.
He said: 鈥淚t鈥檚 great that I have received so many encouraging messages from fans around the world, particularly on social media.
- Ross Barkley arrives at training after Liverpool 0:47
- Poetry In Motion Podcast (12th April 2017)40:42
- Conor McGregor sends video message as Glen McAule0:35
- Virgil van Dijk: All You Need To Know0:57
- Luis Longstaff trains with first team squad ahead1:44
- 90 minutes with Sir Martin Broughton89:07
- FORMER LFC CHAIRMAN MARTIN BROUGHTON PODCAST - We1:10
- Who is Bassala Sambou? - Everything you need to k0:55
- Gini Wijnaldum goes undercover to record brillian5:59
鈥淚t makes me proud and gives me so much power that so many supporters of Liverpool FC and Senegal give me such great support. I鈥檇 like to say thank you to everyone.
鈥淚 will give my very best after yesterday鈥檚 successful surgery to be back on the pitch as soon as possible and be even better than before.?/p>