A man will appear at court this morning charged with the murder of new mum Vikki Louise Hull in Speke.
Police today said Mark Geoffrey Mahoney, 31, of Heaton Close in Speke, will appear at Merseyside Domestic Violence Remand Court in Derby Square this morning.
He was arrested on Sunday after Vikki, a 29-year-old care assistant, was strangled to death. He is currently in custody.
Paramedics and police were called to a house in Heaton Close after a report for concerns for a woman鈥檚 safety were made.
- Police detain a man inside Leaf on Bold Street0:39
- Mum faces £2,500 bill to hold St George's Day str0:54
- A look inside the Shankly Hotel's new suites0:36
- Highs of 23C possible this weekend?2:11
- Dortmund fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone aft0:38
- Look inside LIV organic market on Bold Street0:35
- LFC players in NFL jersey swap0:20
- Ross Barkley arrives at training after Liverpool 0:47
- Clear up begins after major gas explosion in New 0:33
- Poetry In Motion Podcast (12th April 2017)40:42
- Met Office Easter Weather forecast2:25
The mum, understood to have recently given birth to a baby daughter, was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at 4.14am.
Tributes to Vikki, who worked as a care assistant at Speke Care Home, have been paid on social media.
Police were continuing to conduct their enquiries at the house .